Pages

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Vogue 1369 - Alternative Back View

Interesting, it seems that the back view of the Kay Unger dress is a real turn off for lots of you.  Since it's Christmas here are some pictures of the back view for you, not very good ones admittedly - my poor old dressform needs some cosmetic surgery, but you can see it has a centre back seam and darts in each piece.

The shoulders are asymmetric due to the front design so there are separate pieces for the lining left and right.  If you use them for the main dress remember to flip them upside down and place on the right side of the fabric (since lining has the right side of the fabric facing into the body and outer dress fabric faces outwards).

I wish you all a very merry Christmas and in case I don't post before new year, a very Happy New Year too!






5 comments:

  1. I like this much better. I don't know about way the others didn't care for the other back, but in my case, being swayback, round behind and larger it looked like everything I tried to correct in a fitting. Not a good look for some of us. Always loved the front though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is good enough, keep up writing such type of posts.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GR0ESK0

    ReplyDelete